The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics' Champions of Character provides training to ensure student-athletes know, do and value the right things in all areas of life. The five core values: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership are put into play, accounted for and tracked at all NAIA schools.
Gulf Coast Athletic Conference supports its member institutions' campus programs that include the Champions of Character Live 5 Student-Athlete Orientation Program and the NAIA's Character-Driven Coaching professional development course for coaches and administrators.
At the conference level, Gulf Coast Athletic Conference offers Champions of Character programming that includes:
- Ongoing character education and professional development for Conference coaches, athletics administrative staff and student-athletes
- Hospitality and game management of Conference athletics events
- Organization of a Champions of Character Conference wide event (i.e Sport Summit or Servant Leadership Project)
- Recognition of Conference athletics directors, coaches and student-athletes who demonstrate outstanding character
- Ongoing oversight and assessment of progress in the prgram's implementation by both Gulf Coast Athletic Conference and the NAIA.